While sitting at home holding that brand new jar of FunniBonz Barbeque Sauce, you may be wondering to yourself, "Hmmm... what new delicious, finger-licking recipe can I make to pair with this awesome sauce?" Well, wonder no more! First read this article in Georgia Trend Magazine about sausage-making - Southern-style - featuring our friend David L. Martin of Home Style Foods. After that, we're sure something will come to you....
Barbeque Sausage and Peppers
1 pound Home Style Foods Southern Style Smoked Pork Sausage, sliced
1 large red bell pepper, cut into slices
1 large red onion, cut into slices
1 jar FunniBonz Barbeque Sauce
1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
1 package steak sandwich rolls
Oil for cooking
1. Preheat about 2 tbsp oil in sauté pan. Sauté sausage until just slightly pink in the middle.
2. Add peppers and onions to the pan and continue cooking until sausage is evenly browned and vegetables are tender.
3. Drain any excess oil and add about half a cup of your favorite flavor of FunniBonz Barbeque sauce (more if you prefer). Combine until sauce is warmed through and ingredients are completely coated.
4. Put a couple slices of provolone cheese in the bottom of each steak roll. Transfer sausage and peppers to steak roll, on top of cheese, which will melt from the heat of the ingredients.
5. Grab some napkins, a cold beer and enjoy!
Tip: If you like it spicy, you can use Home Style Foods Hot Sausage or spice it up with FunniBonz Spicy or Fiery Chipotle sauces. Or you can do both! After all, it's your sandwich - it's your choice!